Photospire were in Germany this week for dmexco and we were delighted for our co-founder and COO Dave O’Meara to join Joe Morley (Director, Facebook & Instagram Partnerships, EMEA) and two other Facebook Marketing Partners (Vidsy and Genero) on stage to discuss creative at scale.
In front of an auditorium of 200 people the panel shared a number of key insights related to creative at scale.
What is the biggest challenge for marketers in a mobile first video environment?
- Attention has shifted to the small screen but the attention span has shrunk.
- Mobile is changing customer expectations; they are consuming more video content than ever before but still expect it to be fresh and relevant like the content in their newsfeed.
- The main challenge that results from this is how to create relevant ad content to meet the massive demand.
How do you define the term ‘scaled creative’?
- The ability to create the right story for the right audience at the right time.
- Storytelling is changing, Facebook and the power of their audience data is making the scale part possible.
- Scaled creative is about not sacrificing the quality because of the quantity.
Do you feel there’s a conflict between technology and creativity?
- Technology doesn’t replace creativity, it enhances creativity and provides new mediums of expression. Some examples of this in other fields are the evolution of cinema and TV, the electric guitar and photography as an art form.
- As great creative people see how tech can enable them to tell better stories they will seize the opportunity – and we are seeing this already.
- The most engaging content of the future will be created through collaboration between creatives, data and technology.
What’s the one thing you’d like the audience to take away today?
- They key message is that technology is an enabler – it should not be seen as an obstacle to creativity but as something that can enhance it.